Finally, a new content sharing social platform with outstanding referral traffic stats!
Pinterest drives more referral traffic than Google Plus, LinkedIn and YouTube combined (Shareaholic 2012), making it a great resource for online conversions. The platform is optimal for brands with strong imagery. The more intriguing an image is on Pinterest, the more likely it is to be clicked on or re-pinned. This, mixed with the simple sharing functionality of the site also provides a huge opportunity for content to go viral.
So what are the most-followed brands on Pinterest? Take a look at these “pinners” for great ideas on how to ramp up your own Pinterest space.
- The Perfect Palette: 244,761 Followers: A wedding blog dedicated to exploring color palette possibilities + a place to find fun + creative color ideas!
- Real Simple: 35,484 Followers, REAL SIMPLE gives creative, practical and inspiring solutions that make life easier.
- The Beauty Department: 30,379 Followers, Your daily dose of pretty…
- HGTV: 18,521 Followers, Photos, projects, ideas and design we love.
- Apartment Therapy: 17,548 Followers, Saving the world, one room at a time.
- Kate Spade: 17,243 Followers, quick and curious and playful and strong. follow us for a glimpse into the world of kate spade new york.
With over 12 million users, Pinterest is one of the fastest growing social media platforms. Here are the latest demographic stats and audience interests from Google Ad Planner for January 2012. Hint: If you’re targeting women and/or fashionistas, Pinterest is a must.
Tell Us: What do you pin? How do you plan to use Pinterest to drive business goals?
Decantery is a St. Louis social media and search marketing company. Learn more about our social media services here.