SEO Best Practices: Optimize Your Website’s Content
Here at Decantery, we love exploring best practices for our day-to-day tasks, and helping clients understand how we do what we do. Recently, we took the time to sit down with a client and discuss SEO best practices so that they can write more impactful content for their website. This post is a quick overview of the topics and suggestions we covered.
Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind when writing for SEO:
- Always keep your audience in mind. What is informative to users/customers is also informative to search algorithms.
- Pay attention to readability. Make sure your content is easily understood and organized.
- Start with an outline and map out the structure of your content. Keep signals like H1s (header formatting) in mind.
- Write in the active voice. Active voice helps keep information clear and concise.
- Reread everything and be sure to double-check spelling—it often helps to read your work out loud.
Stay tuned for an upcoming post that will feature an example outline for a blog post that’s optimized for boosted SEO!
Struggling to see positive results with your SEO? Is your content not making the impact you’d hoped for? Let’s chat! Reach out to us and to talk about new solutions for you.