Here at Decantery, we love exploring best practices for our day-to-day tasks, and helping clients understand how we do what we do. Recently, we took the time to sit down with a client and discuss SEO best practices so that they can write more impactful content for their website. This post is a quick overview of the topics and suggestions we covered.
Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind when writing for SEO:
- Always keep your audience in mind. What is informative to users/customers is also informative to search algorithms.
- Pay attention to readability. Make sure your content is easily understood and organized.
- Start with an outline and map out the structure of your content. Keep signals like H1s (header formatting) in mind.
- Write in the active voice. Active voice helps keep information clear and concise.
- Reread everything and be sure to double-check spelling—it often helps to read your work out loud.
Stay tuned for an upcoming post that will feature an example outline for a blog post that’s optimized for boosted SEO!